South College Reading Room
Ward Library, second floor Pardee Hall
The library of Christopher Ward of Towanda, Pa., a collection of 11,000 volumes on literature, law, and American history, along with many autographed engravings, is donated to the College by his daughter, Ellen Ward Miller. Destroyed by fire in 1897.
Van Wickle Library, first free-standing library
Fred Morgan Kirby Library
Located in Kirby Hall of Civil Rights, the classic, oak-paneled reading room contains 30,000 volumes related to government and law.
Dedicated Oct. 26, 1963; named in honor of David Bishop Skillman, Class of 1913, author of The Biography of a College (1832-1926) secretary of the Board of Trustees from 1915 to 1957. The renovation in 2004 received national recognition.