Sherryta Freeman, new director of athletics, has a five-point game plan for the College’s 23-sport Division I program.
1. Establish a championship, winning culture. “We will not shy away from our commitment to providing championship experiences for student-athletes.
2. Academic excellence. “Athletes are students first.”
3. Create a positive student-athlete experience.
4. Integrate athletic programs with campus.
5. Maintain the highest level of integrity.
Freeman was senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator at University of Pennsylvania.